Friday, February 21, 2014

One Year!

What a difference a year makes. One year ago today, I went in for brain surgery to remove the tumor in my head. Without a doubt, this past year has been the most difficult time of my life. For 6 months after I was recovering from surgery, I only saw Ben on the weekends as I was in St. George and Ben was finishing up law school at BYU. Nonetheless, I had the unconditional support of my friends and family, both immediate and extended. Then once Ben was done with school, I still did not see him much as he spent all of his time studying for the Bar exam. This past year has been tough on both of us. We have learned so much about ourselves and each other. It would be impossible to sum up all we went through and all we learned in the past year, but one thing we know for sure is that God has a hand in all of our lives, and as we trust him he gives us the help and strength we need. Hard times are a necessary part of life, and as we pass through them, we learn so much, and we learn how to really enjoy the good times. To top things off, Ben just found out that he passed the Utah Bar Exam this morning. A year ago today, things could not have been much worse...today, things could not be much better. What a difference a year makes!

No comments: