Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Little Man

Things have been so crazy the last few months I haven't had much time to post anything. Gosh it sure is a big change to have 2 kids that is for sure. I am feeling lucky to get a shower in for the day. Forgive me for the long post but i use this like a journal.

Even though it was a very long 9 months for Ben and I it is all worth it in the end. Let me point out it was probably a lot longer for Ben than me with all the complaining I was doing. At least I have the best hubby ever who can handle it. Lets just say we made way to many visits to the hospital. The first 4 months I was so sick I had to keep getting IVs to keep me hydrated. Then after that it was the kidney stones, next the gestational diabetes. Lets just say it is a very mean thing to put a prego woman on a diet with no sugar.

They decided it was best to start me a week early because of the diabetes and the kidney stones. Even though it wasn't what I really wanted to do to walk into the hospital and ask them to put me in more pain, it was for the best. We went to the hospital the night before the 3rd and they hooked me up with some meds. I was there for 4 hrs still only dilated to a 2 so the Dr's decided to give me another dose before changing the medication. Well 30 minutes later I thought I was going to die! I was getting contractions together every 2 min. I had to beg them for the drugs. So they checked me and I was dilated to a 5. Yes that means they could give me some drugs.

They called my Dr. and she didn't want them to give it to me until she got there. I guess sometimes the babies heart rate will drop after an epidural so to be on the safe side she wanted to be there first. Well about 20 min later she showed up, checked me and informed me that it was too late, I was already at a 9 and couldn't have the drugs. Can you just say shoot me now!!!!! I really thought I was going to die. I knew there was no way out of this one. At least he came fast. They told me that I went from a 9 to delivering him in 7 minutes. I guess I better be careful if I ever have another baby not to wait around to decide if I am in labor or I just might deliver at my home......

Cael Benjamin Wilson was born on November 3rd weighing in at 7lbs 13ozs. Only 2oz heavier than Cassidy. Not too bad for having gestational diabetes. Just grateful he wasn't any bigger that is for sure. Also I am here to say since I have experienced both now, natural labor is a lot more painful than kidney stones. I can say kidney stones are a really close second though that is for sure.

So here in NY they do things different. A lot different. You have to share your recovery room and that was awful! It was like staying in a closet. How are you suppose to recover when the girl you are sharing the room with has her 2 yr old son in the room the whole time trapped in a tiny space? Can I say torture? How is anyone suppose to recover like that? I was just grateful they only made us stay one night and not two.

Since I was started early, it messed things up with when my mom bought her plane tickets to come out here to help me. Thank goodness my sister flies for free so she was able to come out and help me until my mom could get there. Let's just say my sister ended up being the biggest life saver ever! A couple days after I was home, I just didn't feel right. I went back to the Dr and they informed me that there was some placenta left in me so I needed to have a D and C. I really couldn't believe my luck. So the next day I had to go in for surgery. I was just grateful my sister was there to help take care of my kids.





No comments: